Thursday 18 April 2013

Current Investment Strategy

Referring to my previous post, the market is due for short-term correction worldwide. I feel that the bull market is not over yet, this is only a temporary correction. I am going to liquidate 50% of my holdings and prepare to load up on stocks with higher growth potential. I say 50% (in my case) because some of my holdings have actually surpassed their target price, being greedy, I did not sell them too early. For example Cache Logistics Industrial REIT, this one is way over my valuation, it seems trading houses keep upgrading it to BUY and raising their TP. I can understand why, they also cannot determine how much higher this stock might go. If you are happy with a decent 30% profit, lock in your profits before it starts to fall. 

The other 50% of my holdings are value stocks which i will accumulate for as long as i can.(e.g. Singtel, Starhub, HPH Trust, Ascott REIT). I also hold Hyflux for the long run, not because i love it too much to let go but because i got in at a higher buy price and have been dollar-cost-averaging it down to $1.50 since 2011. (One of my biggest error in judgement, but we learn from our mistakes don't we?) Remember Warren's rule number 1: Never lose Money. 


Disclaimer: I just wanted to put down my thoughts in this post, It should NOT be taken as a basis for making any specific investment decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment