Monday 14 October 2013

OCBC Bank online features

Did you ever wonder why OCBC claims to be the worlds strongest bank? I know from the ratings that all 3 local banks are actually top 5 in the world. I have been most impressed by their customer service, their leniency to give me large credit limit as well as their online platform.
Only today i found myself on the eve of Hari Raya, feeling lazy to do any actual work, checking out OCBCs online platform features. I must admit that it is most impressive. If you have an savings/current/creditcard account with them, you must check out their feature which allows you to see how you are dealing with your finances compared to others. Some may say its invasion of privacy and probably be surprised they are being tracked so closely. For me I didnt really mind, it helped to see how I am doing, anyway it is all anonymous.
 
Quite interesting to see where most peope keep their assets, as for me I use OCBC mostly for the purpose of investments, so that would explain the chart below which shows most of my money being channelled into my investment account in iOCBC.
I was surprised to see relatively young unmarried people having 45% of their money in fixed deposits and 50% in investments. Personally I never bought any investment products (unit trusts) directly from banks and probably do not intend to in the future. Its just personal preference that i believe in picking my own stock portfolio. However this has got me thinking a little, I probably should allocate more money in fixed deposits, but at interest rates touching the floor, i do not see much incentive.

Next is debt. This chart is accurate, i never accumulate debt, always pay your bills in full every month. Quite surprisingly average debt for "people like me" is $3129 (credit card + Easycredit). If you are reading this and fall into this category, Please heed my advice, do not use Easy Credit if you dont intend to pay it off in a weeks time. Its just going to suck you dry. 

Lastly spending habits. This is accurate for me, I never go shopping. haha! Only spend on groceries and travel to get the points, most of my money will go towards investments. Wondering what "other financial services & charges" refer to?? Me too, i am guess these are the late payment fees which people get slammed by borrowing with EasyCredit.

All in all, I now understand why OCBC bank is one of the worlds leading bank. Their online features rival the best and it is very user friendly. Alot of lessons to be learned from this very interesting online feature. 

Disclaimer: I am in no way advertising for OCBC, or saying they are wrong in any way. I just found their features quite useful and decided to share with fellow readers.
   
As I am writing this, OCBC Bk is trading at 10.44 today. almost reaching its 52 week high of $11.40, overvalued and of course not really the time to get into banks. Wait for the next big crash, I will be keeping an eye on OCBC. Since 2002, a lot has changed of course, OCBC is not the same as it used to be back in 2002 - 2005. Next upcoming crash, we can definitely see up to 50% retracement. Just be patient.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment