Tuesday 28 May 2013

Importance of Taking Profit

Always remember to take profit when realistic targets are reached. In my experience, someone who fails to take profit at their predictive target price usually ends up never finding the right time to sell. Putting aside my greed and other emotions, decided to followthrough with proper execution. I was in this business to make my money grow, not to fall in love with a company and hold it till i die. Remember folks, you own a piece of the company but in actual fact, never really run the business, so its a risk to invest in uncertainly. Give yourself some relief by taking profit. 

SO...i took profits on XMH holdings which i bought during their IPO launch a couple of years ago. Still remember the times when they went down under and left me with a huge loss of 80% of my invested capital. I told myself to hang in there, remember rule number 1: "Never lose money". Surely enough, the time has come for me to sell it off at almost 66% profit (including dividend). 

Today i am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment