Sunday 17 March 2013

My Past Performance


Being a small-time retail investor and actually quite inexperienced, its vital to keep track of your investments so that we can learn from our mistakes. 
I want to share my past performance, and the kind of lessons it has taught me.
Below is a table of my recent trades. As you can see, some trades were closed at a loss...this is because i really did not see the counter moving higher anytime soon(6-18months), therefore would not justify holding on to a losing stock/unit. 

SMART TIP #1: Its important to cut your losses early and shift the capital elsewhere.

SMART TIP #2: Always stick to your target price and get out of the trade. (No point regretting later, like for example: why did i close Starhub @ $3.14 when now its trading at $4.20! That just was not my target, i never anticipated or valued Starhub at anything more than $3.20) So i don't regret my decision.

SMART TIP #3: Shift your capital around as you see fit during the fiscal year. Financials do well from Oct to Feb. Telecom and Consumer Goods are defensive plays and good to hold from March to Sept. Pharmaceuticals generally do well from May to Sept.

***Following fiscal cycle (business cycle) is one thing, trying to match with general Market cycle and trend is another. Therefore you need to match business cycle with Market cycle and trend. I will talk about Market cycle in another post.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment